How GAD became what it is today
Securing the future through entrepreneurialism and innovation
From 1937 to the present
1937 Hermann Gutmann Werke (wires and extrusion profiles) founded by Hermann Gutmann on Nürnberger Strasse in Weissenburg.
1987 HERMANN GUTMANN FOUNDATION founded, which takes over the ownership of the firm.
2001 GUTMANN ALUMINIUM DRAHT GMBH founded.
2002 The Tzortsis family acquires 51% of Hermann Gutmann Werke GmbH (HGW) and 49% of GUTMANN ALUMINIUM DRAHT (GAD). The HERMANN GUTMANN FOUNDATION retains 49% and 51% respectively. GAD continues to develop as one of the market leaders for aluminium wires and flat and profile rods.
2014 GUTMANN ALUMINIUM DRAHT GMBH moves to its own manufacturing site in the southwest of Weissenburg.
2018 GUTMANN ALUMINIUM CLIP GMBH founded.
2022 The HERMANN GUTMANN STIFTUNG (FOUNDATION) acquires the 49% shares from GUTMANN AG and thus becomes the sole owner of GUTMANN ALUMINIUM DRAHT GMBH.